Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cartooning my favorites

Sometime ago when I had a lot of free time in my hand, (that's actually a nice way to put it but actually I was just home doing nothing :D) I started dabbling with a little bit of art. I guess most people wouldn't really call it art just some random drawings but whatever!! I decided to start off with cartoons for the only reason that they are simple to draw. My biggest encouragers (is that even a word? hmmm) were my mom and my brother. Anna actually liked all the pictures on facebook and I was so touched. It really helped me work on more of those. Mom is like super good in all these stuff, she loves decorating etc etc all those girly stuff which I detest and more importantly she is a big PERFECTIONIST! When she actually told me they were good, it felt gooood (that is a google good!! :P)

This was my first drawing. It is of Dora the explorer. 
I was crazy about Shrek!! actually i am still!!Tried drawin him.. sigh dint work out that well. that's the biggest understatement of the year!! it was horrible, just an effort so i am gonna leave it here ;)
Calvin and Hobbes!! No words to explain!!! love the comic!!
Love Noddy and Big Ears by Enid Blyton!! My first favorite childhood author. I can read these books even now!! Timeless!! 
SONIC!!
Pacman!! unforgettable games on the videogame!! 
A recent favorite: FAMILY GUY, Stewie!! Love the unmistakable humor and sarcasm!
This was when AVATAR was released!! A cartoony version of the Na'vi girl! 
This reminds me of a lot of childhood memories!! Playing endless games of Super Mario in an antique video game piece!! :P
Pikachu!! I am not an anime fan, infact I detest it. But I love this character's name and how it looks!!

SNOOPY!! Grew up reading Charlie Brown stories!! Thanks Dad for introducing me to the world of books!!

3 comments:

  1. aaaaawrite!!! go girl, go cartooning! you keep up with this thing, i gonna give you a big surprise gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe, love your google good, goooood one ;)

    Isn't Dora a part of the girly stuff regime? What was that about you hating girly stuff?? :D Wanna know more! ;)

    Hehe, interesting signing-off symbol over there near Noddy, and Chennai lost :( oh damn...

    Why are those cartoons with Sonic, Pacman and others colored.. we want cartoons on a white background, or in a properly lit room, ok? As a frequent visitor, I have the right to demand better facilities so I have a pleasant experience.

    Oh, if you know Stewie, then why isn't the show on your list?? :-O If this means you don't/didn't enjoy the show - BLASPHEMY!!

    I like the name Pikachu too :), and I love the one after Pikachu and before snoopy, what is it called?? It is awesome!!!

    Keep drawing, BK! :D

    ReplyDelete