Monday, March 14, 2011

Will it be Donkey or Eeyore?!


With the qualifying exams approaching soon (in less than 3 hours :P) I decided to write a pre and post blog about the whole exam!! The qualifying exam is the most stupid thing to have ever been invented in the history of PhD. For the less fortunate ( or should I say more fortunate ;)) this is a 2 day 4 hour exam each taken after atleast 2 years of course study. Some students who pursue PhD in the same school as Master's are lucky (sarcasm dipping heavily) enough to be able to take it maybe an year from the beginning of their PhD. But they do have the advantage of being familiar with the teachers' and their way of teaching and problem setting techniques. That's the most important  thing for these exams!! Sigh. Anyways so UCF has various branches and I chose the Mechanical stream. I often wonder too, why not Aerospace track. Well it didn't help that the Aerospace track has the wierdest control subjects, none of which I have ever heard of. Okay maybe that's a lil exaggerated but still it has nothing to do with aero and that was a risk I wasn't gonna go with. Psst a birdie told me that the next year's qualifiers might actually have some related Aero subjects. Well I hope I dont get to take that anyways. I really want to get it right this time. I can't say I have prepared awesomely well, but I think I can survive unless they give a toughie! So yea since I am a huge donkey fan, I would know by the end of this day, if it's an Eeyore (sad/depressed donkey from Winnie the Pooh) or the Shrek Donkey. Good luck to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment