Friday, March 25, 2011

Thoughts in the Hypnagogia state!!

This was something which hit me when I was in the half state of sleep and wakefulness (hypnagogia, wiki says)!! Don't we all experience some handicappness at one point in our life?! Let's say for me, I wear glasses and when I occassionally forget to, everything seems so blurred and it's so frustrating but there is nothing I can do about it! I am visually challenged at that time and that helps me to relate with people who are born with this defect. To a small extent I agree. I know at the end of the day I can go back and wear my glasses and then it will all be over. But.... :(
Another instance is when I am with people who speak a different language than me, isn't that how a deaf/dumb person feels all the time! And the irony here is that, even though they might/might not know the language they cannot speak. Also they never get to feel the relief I do when I am back in familiar territories.!
I don't know what I am trying to say with all this but it was like a wakening to me!! Just felt like sharing it! :)

2 comments:

  1. இப்படி ஒரு பெயரில் ஸ்ட்டேட் இருக்கிறதா என்ன?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup that s what wiki calls the state when you are half awake and sleeping..

    ReplyDelete